Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nugget in the House!

He's home!

Oh, what better delight than to return from errands to the little Cullen Avenue Clark Cottage than to see Mr. Clark standing in the doorway with big, attractive arms outspread!

It touches my heart & makes me feel poetic. I feel a poetic "oh" coming on...

O Stud Muffin, O Sweet Nugget, O Partner In Crime
how happy am I to bask in your warm presence
and enjoy your company to the new Harry Potter movie
You didn't even laugh at it
not once

O Scrumptious Pancake
how I adore the opportunity
to sit on the stoop to enjoy some Bud Lite together
because we're classy like that
You even brought a snack of Bucee's turkey jerky
for us to nibble with our beer
augmenting the classiness of our beer-on-the-stoop time
and surely endearing us to our neighbors

Hm, perhaps I've not explained. Brendon's office is a platform off the coast of Louisiana. His commute to work involves a helicopter, which makes him happy and never ever makes me nervous.

He's out there for 2 weeks, and then he comes home for 2 weeks.  We like this for many reasons:

1. He enjoys his work.
2. It's not a volunteer position (our mortgage company likes this, too).
3. "Two weeks on/off" means he has 2 weeks to work on projects around here.
4. The "two weeks on" part gives us a chance to miss each other. I think it's romantic. It must be if it's inducing poetry. "Poetry."

Two Weeks Off = Time to Enjoy Austin's "Oasis"

So here it is, Sunday morning, and our little casita is silent as he continues to snooze. I love seeing him still sleeping. There's something rather sweet about a big ol' ex-Navy 6'4" dude all snurfled up in the covers. I've snapped a few shots of this and just must share:


Snurfled Up Over a Christmas Holiday


Snurfling With Brother, Jay...Jay Wanting to Sleep More

Unidentified Snurfling Moment
 Anyway, so I'm glad to have him back, obviously. Doesn't the house just look warmer now that he's in it? He's only been here 2 days total since we officially moved in, and it's just a thrill to get to be here together. Sappy, I know, but I have to share.


How is this related to clothes? Well, how's this: I suggested to him that it might be time to get rid of some of his. It's just, well, obscene the number of pants he owns.

Don't get me wrong, I love that he appreciates a good label, but his lovely rear has shrunk so much these past 2 years that most of his pants are simply shopping souvenirs now. Very large souvenirs that take up a lot of room.

So that's a clothing-related item I put on the Por Favor List.

Um, not that I made him a list. But he is going to be here for two weeks, and he's just so handy...he would be so good at installing an electrical outlet in our old-fashioned bathroom. And putting a light switch in the closet. And adding a filter to the kitchen sink. And installing a ceiling fan to our bedroom. And perhaps a few other things...

No comments: