Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kindness and Causal Dresscode

Sorry, but this post will not be multi-media.  Just a quick blurb to report, because I want to publicly rejoice at many things.

1. I've started work.  Awesome.  Company culture seems really cool.  It's strange to walk among cubicles again, even stranger to wear heels to work.

Why did I get rid of all those fab heels again, can someone remind me?

2. The kindness of friends apparently knows no bounds:

I checked into my Extended Stay Sunday evening, intending to stay there for the month while Brendon and I wait to try to close on the house.  Gross grossness.  Skeezy dudes were all staring as I walking all the way down the open halls to my room and back to my car again.  They all seemed to be memorizing my room number. Ew.

And there was a full-scale Biblical plague happening in there.  Every time the rusty old air conditioner kicked on, crickets were blown out of it and they'd proceed to fly around the room.  And land on me.  And crawl into my toiletries bag.

I tried to ignore it all.  I told myself I was an adult and tried to pretend it was a hostel in a cool other country. A cricket blew out of the air again and landed on my bed...and somehow pushed me over the edge. In a tearful fit of anxiety I called Nichole and Clay and they welcomed me into their sweet home at the inappropriate hour of 10:15 on a Sunday night.  And for 2 days now they've sweetly let me crash in their non-buggy, pretty-paint-color, adorable-towels guest bedroom and bathroom.  They fed me last night.  They even let me walk their puppy.

So so so grateful.

3. Office dress is casual...I have visions of clothes from Anthro, of wearing jeans, of making cool outfits and funky hairstyles not based on exactly what the precipitation chances are outside or whether I am going to be walking through holes full of mud and gunite all day long.

4. Our house inspection has been done, and it doesn't have mystery tear-down problems (unlike the last one)!  We are proceeding with the attempted purchase.  There may be a Clark Household quite soon!  With a Clark Guesthouse/Bungalow to accept all the visitors we can possibly invite...I want to shower hospitality on all the sweet folks in our life and start to give back.

Anyway, I know it's brief and disjointed, but I just wanted to write down that I am giddy, happy, and thankful...I promise photos and videos soon!

1 comment:

NicMills said...

:) Hooray new jobs! And I love you even more that you didn't look at my turkey burgers and romaine slaw and go "whaaaaaaaaaat?" Hooray for new beginnings and for old friends! XOXOXOXO