Friday, April 8, 2011

Ode to Bran

O muffin, bran muffin
my face you are stuffin'
You're not like blueberry
nor McGriddle-scary
Nay, vaguely nutritious!
(with fruit bits suspicious)

You hide in the bake case
with your pastry goods plain face
And offer me choice
o'er the cinnamon voice
of those damnable buns
(yeah you know the ones
with their thick tasty frosting
BIG calorie-costing)

But I never did pick you
and it's made me thick, true
So today I begin
to atone breakfast sin

You don't look too pretty
and your texture is gritty
but your flavor's self-righteous!
Have another? I might just!

I ignore all the barbs
from the elite Anti-Carbs
and scarf you right down
with nary a frown
For you'll be the sweet engine
of the race--did I mention?
I'm running the Big D
(yes, my senses reneged me)

That distance sounds grueling
But with bran muffin fueling
I'll take on each mile
With a branny bran smile

So, muffin of bran
let me tell you again
you're all I've been needing
for my morning-time feeding
You're now my new favorite
This breakfast? I'll savor it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see this poem (complete with illustration!). In 1910, Barbie wed Ken...